Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Click on any question below to view the answer:

Do I need a referral to be seen by a cardiologist?

Yes. Patient referrals generally come from family medicine and internal medicine. In addition, any patient seen in emergency medicine that may have cardiac-related issues may be referred for a cardiology consultation. OMC caregivers, caregivers from other medical organizations, and patients with cardiology concerns can call 507.288.3443 ext. 2428 to explore or start the referral process.

Does OMC cardiology see pediatric patients?

OMC cardiology treats adult (ages 18 and up) patients only.

Does OMC perform invasive cardiac procedures?

Yes, OMC does surgical placement and removal of pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs).

Heart beat

Related Locations