Learn about OMC's Caring Partners Volunteer Program
There are two types of volunteers at OMC:
- Volunteers in Patient Care (ages 16 and older)
- OMC Caring Partners Volunteer (ages 18 and older)
A volunteer may volunteer both as a Volunteer in Patient Care and a Caring Partners Volunteer member.
Volunteers in Patient Care (VIPs) provide direct service to OMC patients and their families in a patient care setting. Opportunities include:
- offering spiritual ministry to patients, family members, caregivers, and others
- providing emotional and informational support to women diagnosed with breast cancer
- Canine Companions—certified/registered dogs and handlers who visit patients, family members, and caregivers
- socializing with patients, family members, and guests
- encouraging relief and healing through artistic activities, entertainment, crafts, and aromatherapy
- giving patients, family members, caregivers, and visitors hand complimentary massages
- help patients, families, and guests navigate OMC’s patient care buildings and services
- assist OMC employees at special events
The OMC Caring Partners Volunteer is a non-profit service organization whose purpose is to support Olmsted Medical Center. Elected officers include a president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, and membership chair. Volunteers in elected positions may change yearly.
OMC Caring Partners Volunteer members are committed to helping, in whatever ways needed, to make Olmsted Medical Center successful in serving the residents of southeastern Minnesota. The activities, which directly benefit our patients and our patients’ families, include serving free refreshments to patients’ family members, sewing items for patient comfort and infant care, staffing the hospital’s gift shop, and helping with many fundraising events throughout the year.
As a membership organization, the OMC Caring Partners Volunteer charges yearly membership dues.
Apply today to be a volunteer!
To be considered for volunteer opportunities at Olmsted Medical Center, please complete and submit our secure online volunteer application.