Announcements and Upcoming Events
The following information is designed for area resource agencies to utilize in an effort to stay up-to-date on OMC’s Adult Aging Services' activities in the communities.
Beginner Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance
Tuesdays and Thursdays
August 31 - November 18
10:00 - 11:00 AM
Cost: FREE will donations accepted to OMC Regional Foundation
For more information and to registers, call 507.292.7210 or email Kelly Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Senior Wills Clinic
Registration required call 507.287.2036
Friday, September 17
Meeting Room B at Rochester Public Library
10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Serving elders 55 and better and their families. Services include:
- Senior advocate
- Caregiver support
- Companions/ friendly visitor
- Technology Assistance Program
- PEARLs – mental wellness
For more information call 507.285.5272
Resources for Enhancing Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health (REACH)
How it works: After the caregiver completes the REACH assessment, four core sessions are offered and tailored to what the caregiver most needs; the caregiver consultant holds the sessions in person typically over 2—3 months; the session fee is on a sliding scale.
Who can participate: Family members and other who have a significant personal relationship with someone with dementia and who provide regular or ongoing care for that person.
To speak with one of the specialists or to learn more about the program, please call Elder Network in Olmsted County at 507.285.5272 or in Wabasha/Winona at 507.452.0580.
Outcomes of Caregiver Coaching:
- Decrease depression and strain on the Caregiver
- Help increase self-care
- Support you so you no longer feel isolated and alone
- Reduce caregiver burden
- Reduce or delay nursing home placement
- Find new solutions to current issues or problems
- Overall goal is to produce a stronger caregiver who is capable of self-directed care and to help caregiver continue to give care as long as you can and want to.
Appointments with a Trained Caregiver Coach can be arranged on a weekly, or monthly basis. First visit is usually 1-½ hours in length while follow up visits are an hour.
Call 507.285.5272 to get started today
Cost: Elder Network uses a sliding fee scale
- A chance for people coping with memory loss to socialize, laugh and learn with other in an understanding and friendly atmosphere
- When: Every Second Tuesday 1:30 - 3:00 PM
Juniper Your Health, Your Community
Elder Network, 125 LIVE, and the Rochester Rotary Risers invite you to a Play Bingo
- Every Friday, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Everyone is welcome! Pick up Bingo cards at 125 LIVE or go online to Free Bingo Cards and print your own or create your own Virtual Bingo card! No computer or smart phone? No problem! You can call in with your landline! Contact 125 LIVE for more information.
The Alzheimer’s Association is now offering a variety of free, virtual 60-minute education programs. Learn about:
- Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Living with Alzheimer’s
- Caregiving techniques
Have questions? Contact Elizabeth Harris, community engagement manager for the Alzheimer’s Association, at email@example.com
Appointment Reminder System
OMC uses appointment reminder system for appointments. The system offers the option for text message reminders as well as phone calls. Patients have the option to confirm or decline their appointments, which then allows automatic updates to OMC MyChart from their responses.
Pharmacy App and Website for Refills
You can now fill your prescriptions at OMC's pharmacies by using RxLocal. It is available as an app for your mobile phone or as a website from your desktop computer. To download the app, visit your phone's app store. To use the website you can go to the RxLocal login page. Please note, you will need a separate login for the app and the website so it is recommended to choose only one of the two options.
Walk-In Clinic for Orthopedic Injuries
Now available to patients: a walk-in clinic for recent bone or joint injuries. The clinic, will see patients Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and is located at the OMC – Hospital in the Orthopedics department. Learn more by visiting the Orthopedics department website.
To find information about COVID-19 testing and vaccinations, visit our COVID-19 Information page.