Our audiologists evaluate, diagnose, and treat hearing and balance disorders for patients of all ages. No patient is ever "too young" or "too old." Untreated communication disorders can significantly, and negatively, impact the quality of life at all ages. Audiology services also include hearing aid fittings and maintenance.
Did You Know …
- 1 in 300 people are born with hearing loss
- 1 in 10 elementary children have hearing problems (transient and permanent)
- 1 in 2 farmers have hearing loss
- 1 in 4 adults age 65 have hearing loss
- More than 15% of baby boomers already have hearing loss
- More than 30% of those with hearing loss report the loss began between 19–44 years of age; cause of the loss was typically due to noise exposure, which is preventable.
Signs of Hearing Loss
- Tinnitus (ringing, buzzing, hissing)
- Trouble hearing in noisy places
- TV or phone volume increased
- Plugged or full feeling
Interested in learning more about audiology at Olmsted Medical Center? After reviewing our services, call 507.292.7146, use our Contact Us form, or log in to your MyOMC patient portal account to send us a secure message.