OMC’s medical-surgical and special care team provides:
- Medical and postoperative care to infant through geriatric patients
- A holistic view of patients’ needs to speed healing and recovery
- Pain-management support
- Monitoring, including remote telemetry for cardiac patients
- Pacemaker post-surgical care
- Post-surgical care for total joint replacements, including a joint center navigator
- Higher acuity care in the Special Care Unit
- Pressure redistribution mattresses to prevent pressure ulcers/bed sores
- Service coordination to transition from hospital to home or care facility
- Discharge phone calls to ensure patients are doing well upon their return home.
The medical-surgical and special care team at OMC hospital monitors 21 beds, three in a special care area that offers a higher level of care. The multidisciplinary team includes nursing, hospital medicine, surgery, pediatrics, social services, pharmacy, rehabilitation therapy, respiratory therapy, nutrition services, and patient education.