Skin Rejuvenation & Resurfacing
Get a smoother, healthier, more even complexion with skin rejuvenation or resurfacing at Olmsted Medical Center (OMC). Choose one of these nonsurgical options as a stand-alone treatment, or use it before or after cosmetic surgery to enhance your results. Count on our specialists to help you design a skin care program that’s right for you.
When you want younger-looking skin, consider microdermabrasion—one of today’s most popular noninvasive cosmetic procedures. We use DiamondTome™ Wands to gently and cleanly remove your skin’s dead, damaged outermost layer to reveal new, healthy cells. This can help improve the appearance of:
- Acne and acne scars
- Age spots and hyperpigmentation
- Fine lines and superficial wrinkles
- Large pores
- Superficial scars
Watch a short animated video to learn more about microdermabrasion.
Laser Skin Resurfacing
If your skin is affected by scars, fine lines and wrinkles, or uneven tone, laser resurfacing can make your skin appear smoother, firmer and more youthful. At OMC, you can choose from two types of lasers.
- An ablative laser selectively vaporizes the outer layer of skin, triggering deep healing and restructuring for fresh, smooth, glowing skin. This method requires only a single treatment with a week or two of recovery time.
- A nonablative laser heats (but doesn’t destroy) your skin to stimulate a quick-healing process that forms new, healthy tissue. This method usually requires a series of treatments at three- to six-week intervals but involves minimal recovery time.
Before (top) and after (bottom) fractional non-ablative skin resurfacing.
Watch a short animated video to learn more about laser skin resurfacing.
Intense Pulsed Light
During an intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment, your doctor uses short, high-intensity bursts of light—not lasers—to enhance your skin’s appearance. IPL may be used in combination with other rejuvenation techniques.
Ask how an IPL photofacial can treat skin conditions such as:
- Brown spots (age spots or sun spots)
- Vascular lesions, such as birthmarks.
Remove dead skin cells and fine “peach fuzz” facial hair with professional dermaplaning at Olmsted Medical Center. Your provider uses a specially designed surgical blade to gently and painlessly “shave” and exfoliate your face. Then, you’ll receive a customized chemical peel to enhance the procedure’s effects.
Seasonal treatments can help your skin stay smooth and glowing, especially if you’re affected by:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Rough or dry skin
- Superficial acne scarring
- Uneven skin tone
Help stimulate production of elastin and collagen—proteins that give your skin strength and elasticity—with a microneedling treatment. Your provider uses the SkinPen to safely and precisely penetrate your skin with very fine needles. This stimulates natural tissue growth and repair.
You’ll receive a topical anesthetic before the procedure to lessen discomfort. You may experience redness and pinpoint bleeding immediately afterward.
SkinPen is the first FDA-approved microneedling device.
You may benefit from microneedling if you want to minimize the appearance of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks
- Scars, including surgical scars and acne scars
Your provider will recommend a treatment schedule based on your concerns. We usually recommend three to five treatments spaced about four weeks apart.