Take advantage of comprehensive breastfeeding support from a team of board-certified lactation consultants at Olmsted Medical Center (OMC).
Rely on OMC lactation specialists to respect your choice to breastfeed, bottle feed, or both. You'll get support to help you decide what feeding method works best for you and your baby.
Receive lactation services during your hospital stay and after you and your baby go home. Outpatient support is available via telehealth from branch clinics and via OMC's nurse line. Rely on your consultant for education and help with:
- Breast and/or bottle feeding your baby
- Breast pain, size changes, or problems such as sore nipples or an infection
- Donating your milk (Mother's Milk Bank)
- Finding the right breastfeeding supplies and equipment and learning to use them
- Food allergies or intolerance
- Latch or sucking difficulties
- Milk supply questions or concerns
- Returning to work/school and continuing to breastfeed
- Weaning your baby off of breast milk
- Weight gain concerns
Support for Moms
Get specialized recommendations and support if you are caring for:
- A baby who was adopted
- A baby born prematurely
- A baby with health problems
- Multiple babies, such as twins or triplets
Rely on the Olmsted Medical Center (OMC) trained lactation specialists to educate you on how to select the right breastfeeding products and supplies for you and your baby.
Rent or Buy Breast Pumps
Choose from a wide selection of breast-care and pumping products at the OMC store. Equipment is competitively priced and hospital-grade. Benefit from education and demonstrations on how to use the equipment.