Weight Loss Surgery
Welcome to the weight loss surgery (bariatric program) at OMC. Obesity is complex with many causes and related health problems. Weight loss surgery has been shown to be the most effective way to reach long-term weight loss and can help reduce obesity-related health concerns. At OMC, the weight-loss surgery (bariatric) team will help you learn lifestyle and behavior skills needed to successfully reach your weight loss and health goals.
You may be a candidate for weight loss (bariatric) surgery if you meet the following requirements:
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or more, but less than 60.
- A BMI of 35 or greater with obesity- related health problems (diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, heart disease)
- Multiple failed weight loss attempts
- No untreated mental illness
- Commitment to long-term lifestyle changes
- Smoke-free and no history of drug and alcohol abuse.
- At least 18 years of age
- Attend the patient informational session
If weight loss surgery is not for you, OMC offers appointments with Registered Dietitians to help create a plan for meeting your nutrition/lifestyle goals. If interested, ask your medical provider for a referral to see the Registered Dietitian.
We offer the following services:
- 30-60 minute face-to-face visits to discuss nutrition and lifestyle changes.
- Weight Loss package of five (5), 60-minute visits, for $150.