Weight Loss Surgery
Obesity is complex with many causes and related health problems. Weight loss surgery has been shown to be the most effective way to reach long-term weight loss and can help reduce obesity-related health concerns. At OMC, the weight-loss surgery (bariatric) team will help you learn lifestyle and behavior skills needed to successfully reach your weight loss and health goals.
You may be a candidate for weight loss (bariatric) surgery if you meet the following requirements:
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or more, but less than 60.
- A BMI of 35 or greater with obesity- related health problems (diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, heart disease)
- Multiple failed weight loss attempts
- No untreated mental illness
- Commitment to long-term lifestyle changes
- Smoke-free and no history of drug and alcohol abuse.
- At least 18 years of age
- Attend the patient informational session
If weight loss surgery is not for you, OMC offers appointments with Registered Dietitians to help create a plan for meeting your nutrition/lifestyle goals. If interested, ask your medical provider for a referral to see the Registered Dietitian.
We offer the following services:
- 30-60 minute face-to-face visits to discuss nutrition and lifestyle changes.
- Weight Loss package of five (5), 60-minute visits, for $175.