Wound Care Services & Treatments
Give yourself the best chance to heal with specialized and comprehensive care from the wound specialists at Olmsted Medical Center (OMC). You'll appreciate our focus on your recovery and comfort.
Advanced Wound Treatments
After your examination and any needed tests, you'll get a care plan. Trust your compassionate care team to use advanced technology and equipment to speed healing. Depending on your condition, you may receive:
- Bandages and dressings
- Burn care for acute, second-degree, or partial-thickness burns that cover less than 10 percent of the body
- Debridement, removal of infected or damaged tissue during surgery
- Growth-factor therapy to help healthy tissue grow
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
- Infection treatment and prevention
- Tissue therapy
- Topical wound therapy
- Wound care shoes
Your personalized treatment plan will include wound care and support for related conditions, such as poor circulation (blood flow), vein conditions, and immobility (trouble moving).
Your care team may also recommend supportive services such as:
Wound Education & Support
Trust your care team for education about how to:
- Care for your wound at home and clean it
- Change your bandages and dressings
- Prevent complications like an infection
- Prevent future wounds
- Protect your wound while it heals
Monitoring & Follow-Up Care
Go to all of your appointments at the OMC Advanced Wound Healing Clinic. Your care team will document how your wound is healing and answer questions about caring for your wound at home.