Construction: Elton Hills Bridge / North Broadway
Information from Public Works
Last updated: July 16, 2021
Elton Hills Drive Bridge
Construction will begin in October and last through June 2022. When details and detours are available, information will be posted here.
Elton Hills Drive Bridge Replacement Virtual Open House and Public Engagement Portal: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/ceba2b5386ca4027aca7d83b3f820284
North Broadway Project
Construction will continue through September 2022.
Beginning July 16, 2021
July 16, 2021 – ROCHESTER, MINNESOTA
- North Broadway Avenue from 13 Street/Silver Lake Drive to 6 Street
- 7 Street NE from east of the Holiday Station access to west of the Great Harvest Bread access
Construction is progressing along North Broadway Avenue and the work zone will extend further south. The following changes will be occurring in the upcoming weeks:
- July 20: The pedestrian detour for crossing Broadway Avenue will shift to 10 Street. This shift is to accommodate concrete work expected to last 4 days, weather permitting. Following this 4-day period, the pedestrian detour will move back to 12 Street.
- July 26: North Broadway Avenue will be completely closed to all vehicle traffic from 6 Street to 13 Street until late August 2021.
- July 26: 7 Street will be closed from east of the Holiday Station access to west of the Great Harvest Bread access. (Access to both the Holiday Station and Great Harvest Bread will remain via 7 Street). The 7 Street and Broadway Avenue intersection will be completely closed. This closure is expected to last 4 weeks, weather permitting.
- Local traffic and business access for North Broadway will utilize side streets (5 Street North to 13 1/2 Street North) and the mid-block alleys east and west of North Broadway.
The following impacts currently in place will continue:
- North Broadway Avenue will be closed to through traffic between Civic Center Drive and Silver Lake Drive NE until November 2021.
- Through traffic will detour via Silver Lake Drive NE.
- Sidewalks and Recreational Trails:
- Access along and across North Broadway Avenue will be maintained at all times.
- The Silver Lake Trail on the south side of the lake will re-open via a temporary pedestrian and bicycle path. This temporary route, for pedestrians and cyclists alike, will use 12 Street NE and North Broadway Avenue to connect trail users to the Cascade Creek Trail and the Silver Lake Trail on the north side of the lake. This temporary route will be in place for the first phases of the project and will be modified as the work locations shift throughout the 2021 construction season.
Detour and road closures related to North Broadway construction project:
Section of North Broadway impacted by construction project:
Resources for the North Broadway project:
*All dates are weather dependent.