Construction: 9th Street SE and South Broadway
Information accurate as of July 20, 2022
The City of Rochester will be working on South Broadway at the intersection of 9th Street SE. This will impact access to the Rochester Southeast Clinic at 9th Street and Broadway. Patients, visitors, and employees will need to access the Clinic from 3rd Avenue SE and should allow extra travel time. Access to all businesses and parking lots located on 9th Street SE will be from 3rd Avenue SE.
As a result of the construction, and depending on the amount of traffic along the detour, patients may discover some appointments are running a few minutes late. We apologize in advance should you experience any delays in your scheduled appointments.
As of July 20, 2022, construction continues on the 9th Street Project. This is expected to last through until at least September 5. The following traffic impacts are to be expected:
- The current traffic configuration with one open lane in each direction on the east side of Broadway will remain in place until August 8.
- On August 8, the two open lanes of traffic will shift to the west side of Broadway. This configuration will be in place through September 5.
- There will continue to be no turns in any direction allowed between 9th Street SE and Broadway.
More information about this project is available on the City's project webpage.
Click here to see a map of the construction project.
North Broadway Project - Phase 2
Last updated: April 25, 2022
Information about Phase 2 the project can be found at https://www.rochestermn.gov/home/components/topic/topic/11647/3986. This phase is scheduled to being in Spring 2024.
North Broadway Project - Phase 1
Last updated: March 21, 2022
Phase two of the reconstruction of North Broadway Avenue begins on March 28, 2022 and will focus on the alleyways and side streets adjacent to North Broadway. Click here for the map showing 2022 construction impacts. The project has an expected completion date of September 2022.
Impacts to alleyways and side streets:
- Construction will begin on March 28 with milling of the alleyways and side streets. Work will progress from north to south, first on the east side of Broadway Avenue and then the west, and will only affect access in the areas where construction is actively occurring.
- Next contractors will begin installing underground utilities. Locations under active construction will be completely closed for several days and then re-opened with a gravel surface. Construction will then move to a new location within the project area and repeat the process. Detour signs will be posted for each work location.
Work on Broadway Avenue in 2022 will include landscaping, installation of railing, completion of bus stops, and electrical work. Impacts along Broadway Avenue include:
- Broadway Avenue from 5 Street NW to the north will have moving outside lane closures to facilitate construction activities. The closure areas will move regularly throughout the corridor. Drivers should watch for traffic shifts. One lane of travel will remain open in each direction at all times.
- The Bryk on Broadway project will continue to require the closure of one southbound travel lane between 5 Street NW and Civic Center Drive until August 2022.
- Intermittent work on individual Rochester Public Transit (RPT) shelters will require passengers to be re-routed to the next closest shelter. Visit rptride.com for up-to-date information on transit impacts.
- Closures of the sidewalk and cycle track may occur, but will be infrequent.
The public can learn more about the project, view phasing and detour maps, and sign up for newsletter updates at: reconstructbroadway.com
Resources for the North Broadway project:
*All dates are weather dependent.