Construction: Elton Hills Bridge / North Broadway
Information from Public Works
Last updated: May 5, 2021
Elton Hills Drive Bridge
Construction will begin in October and last through June 2022. When details and detours are available, information will be posted here.
Elton Hills Drive Bridge Replacement Virtual Open House and Public Engagement Portal: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/ceba2b5386ca4027aca7d83b3f820284
North Broadway Project
Construction will begin April 2021 and continue through September 2022.
Travel impacts from April 19 through May 10*:
- Silver Lake Drive NE will be closed at the North Broadway intersection. This closure is to allow for the construction of a bypass that will be used for the future project detour.
- North Broadway traffic will be restricted to one lane northbound and one lane southbound between 11 Street North and the Zumbro River bridge.
- Sidewalks and Recreational Trails:
- Access along and across North Broadway Avenue will be maintained at all times.
- The Silver Lake Trail on the south side of the lake will be closed near 13 Street/North Broadway Avenue. A signed pedestrian detour for trail users, including cyclists, will provide a path for crossing North Broadway.
Travel impacts beginning on May 10*:
Detour and road closures related to North Broadway construction project:
Section of North Broadway impacted by construction project:
Resources for the North Broadway project:
*All dates are weather dependent.