March 25, 2020 - Options for Care
As COVID-19 continues to spread across Minnesota, it is important for everyone to do what they can to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses.
Your health is important to us and we are here to help you. If you are not feeling well, we have three options for you to receive care: calling our Nurse Triage line, or scheduling a telephone or video visit.
1) Nurse Triage line. If you are experiencing COVID 19 type symptoms OR have questions related to COVID-19, please call our COVID nurse triage line at Nurse Triage line at 507.292.7266. One of the nurses will ask about your symptoms and determine the best course of action for your care.
2) Telephone visit. When you call your care provider for an appointment, you should ask the person scheduling your appointment if you are able to have a telephone visit. The scheduler will let you know if your appointment is one that can be done over the telephone.
3) Video visit. For a video visit, you will need to use the OMC MyChart patient portal. Once you log into your OMC MyChart account, you should go to “Appointments and Visits.” You will need to have access to a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a web-cam and audio capability to be able to do a video visit. Before your appointment begins, make sure to “eCheck-In” to your video visit appointment. After eCheck-In is complete, you can join the video at the time of your scheduled appointment and your provider will connect with you. (Information about signing up for an OMC MyChart account can be found on our website.)
- To help minimize your risk of exposure to COVID-19 as well as other respiratory infections, we recommend the following.
- Limit time spent in locations where social distancing of 6 feet is not possible
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water
- Cover your cough
- Most importantly, stay home if you are not feeling well
By making healthy choices and practicing social distancing, we each can help break the chain of transmission.